Google+ The Illuminator Series Article #3: Trading my Ashes for His Beauty | Made By Renee
 photo AD.jpg
follow Made By Renee on Facebook follow Made By Renee on Twitter follow Made By Renee on Pinterest follow Made By Renee on Google+ alt= follow Made By Renee on YouTube follow Made By Renee on StumbleUponfollow Made By Renee on Instagram

Monday, July 21, 2014

The Illuminator Series Article #3: Trading my Ashes for His Beauty

“…and provide for those who grieve in Zion— to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor.” Isaiah 61:3

I used to hold on so tightly to my ashes. Ashes of pain and rejection that, as a small child, I never asked for. I just didn’t want to let those ashes go.


You see, I wanted to mourn what my childhood could have been like – a childhood with a loving father and a brother to be my best friend. Things that, after my brother went home to be with Jesus, I never had again.

But Jesus understands my pain. He was rejected and despised by the very people He came to save. And yet He said to The Father, “Thy will be done”.

It was at the foot of the cross that I saw God change something so terrible into something so beautiful. And I realized that He could do that in my life, if I would just let Him.

So, I gave it all to Him. I chose to trade my ashes for His Beauty, Oil of Gladness, and Garment of Praise. I gave Him my bitterness… my grief… my pain. I decided to let Him make me an Oak of Righteousness, planted to display His splendor. I decided to live in Grace, taking it one day at a time, while He transformed my heart.

And He did.

God can change the negative in our lives into good. Our Father never desired us to hurt or grieve but if we will just give our pain over to Him, He will restore our brokenness.

Now I cannot stop singing praises to the One who has made the very ugly parts of my life into something so beautiful. He has absolutely won my heart!
Love, Renee 

No comments: